Friday, July 2, 2010

Trip Over Your Tongue Much?

Ever find it really difficult to string a sentence together and end up just randomly spitting at people? I do...but that's just because sometimes my brain forgets the concept of living. Most of the time some sounds just can't be said together or else your head gets sad. Ok, this nonsense of assonance where saying the say consonant sound over and over makes the writing flow better or other literature nonsensical things of that matter has brought about one good thing. Yes, one of the few small joys in life. Not many of you will like these little buggers as at the best of times they do trip us up, but I find them just happy inducing! Now at this stage in amongst the random jumble of words that I have strung together you are probably wondering what I am talking about....except you the Oh so smart people who have probably already caught on -and to those who have I salute you!

I am speaking, anywho, about tongue twisters. Yes, those magical little lines of letters that make people speak as if they are slightly...um...irutterable ((as in illiterate...same foundation of wording happening there)) (p.s I just invented a new word! Call Oxford dictionary company! =])....EH....Oh! I'm getting off topic.


So yeah, tongue twisters. I, for some reason, have an uncanny talent at saying tongue twisters. Well, I do talk a lot so my tongue gets its fair share of exercise and thusly it could be because of said aforementioned reason that tongue twisters come easy to me. LOL


They are really fun to be totally honest. Like there is an ad on TV right now for a diet program or something and the slogan is: "If you like to live lighter then you'd like lighter life lite."


Tongue twisters, according to that ad are good for keeping weight off too! ;)


I'll give you all a few of the best tongue twisters I know, and I love! Annoy your friends with them, you'll will laugh your little tushies off!
1.
One-one was a race horse.
Two-two was one too.
One-one won one race.
Two-two won one too.
    2.
    The big black bug bit the big black bear,
    but the big black bear bit the big black bug back!
    (This one I would deem for me one of the more difficult)


    Some tongue twisters can actually be quite dirty! Watch yourself when you say them or you end up saying something that you really don't want to...but of course, your friends don't need to know this!! Teehee! Try these ones on them.
    3.
    I am not the pheasant plucker,
    I'm the pheasant plucker's son
    I'm only plucking pheasants
    'till the pheasant plucker comes.

    4.
    I'm a sock cutter and I cut socks.
    I'm a sock cutter and I cut socks.
    I'm a sock cutter and I cut socks.

    Remember the saying great things come in small packages? Well the same applies for these. Some really difficult and fun twisters are only two words!

    5.
    Unique New York!
    (I count New York as two words...so XP)

    6.
    Swatch Watch

    Some on the other hands are loooooooooooooooong!! But just as fun!

    7.
    Here's an easy game to play.


    Here's an easy thing to say:
    If a packet hits a pocket on a socket on a port,
    And the bus is interrupted as a very last resort,
    And the address of the memory makes your floppy disk abort,
    Then the socket packet pocket has an error to report!



    If your cursor finds a menu item followed by a dash,
    And the double-clicking icon puts your window in the trash,
    And your data is corrupted 'cause the index doesn't hash,
    then your situation's hopeless, and your system's gonna crash!
    You can't say this? What a shame, sir!
    We'll find you another game, sir.
    If the label on the cable on the table at your house,
    Says the network is connected to the button on your mouse,
    But your packets want to tunnel on another protocol,
    That's repeatedly rejected by the printer down the hall,
    And your screen is all distorted by the side effects of gauss,
    So your icons in the window are as wavy as a souse,
    Then you may as well reboot and go out with a bang,
    'Cause as sure as I'm a poet, the sucker's gonna hang!
    When the copy of your floppy's getting sloppy on the disk,
    And the microcode instructions cause unnecessary risk,
    Then you have to flash your memory and you'll want to ram your rom.
    Quickly turn off the computer and be sure to tell your mom!

    And as a student of languages I can't just look at these sorts of things in english, no no no. My curiosity also spawns to French, German and Japanese. Wanna share my curiosity?

    8.
    Selten ess ich Essig; ess ich Essig, ess ich Essig mit Salat.

    9.
    Koshou shoushou, shio shoushou, shouyu shoushou.

    10.
    Papa no pajama wa kipajama chapajama shimapajama

    11.
    Je dis que tu l'as dit à Didi ce que j'ai dit jeudi.

    Ah! Well anyway, it is far too late for to continue typing. I hope you all have fun and for today I bid you goodnight.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment