Thursday, July 8, 2010

Original or Knock Off - What do you prefer??


Hi guys! 

Today I've decided I'm going to talk a little about some very amusing YouTube videos/celebrities. Before I do this though I'm just going to complain for a second. (If you know me IRL you wouldn't be surprised that complaining is something that I like to do. And obviously because I like it, it happens very often. But don't take it to harshly, it's quite entertaining I've been told. =] ) Ok, so my complaint is about adding videos to a blog. It's ridiculously difficult! Not the process itself but for someone as OCD-ish as me, it's fairly frustrating!! O.o Like...GRRRR I'm a dinosaur that's gonna eat choo...frustrating! Pff!! Tsk!

Now to continue on my blogging journey. Where was I? Oh yes, YouTube personalities. Now, I'm sure all of you have subscriptions to YouTube channels that entertain, amuse and inform you etc, etc.! I'm no different. This is also a phenomena that I participate in. Lol But lately I've been more obsessed with finding really good musical artists. Either they do an amazing cover of a song that is already out, or they are just pure musical comedy geniuses in their own right!
I've spent a bit of time (from 12pm  to 5am yesterday) scouring YouTube looking for things that I liked. This was just a quick "I wonder who I can find now?" sort of thing, but I have my good ol' favorites of course. I've come across some great videos. Some that have a huge following, some that aren't very well known but good nonetheless. Here I'm gonna show you them!!

First of all, this channel is fairly well known. They are an American based channel (which means they're pretty widespread, as with most things from the USA....which we all know is both good and bad =]) The began with a political satire channel, posting video about well....political satire!! Duh!! Which consisted of videos such as "Crush on Obama". Eventually they established Barely Digital the home of "The Key of Awesome" a series parodying recent celebrities and their videos. I'm telling you they are hilarious. If you appreciate a good piss take of a fairly catchy song, these are your guys! I've posted one vid (because it's too annoying to post more, but I've links too XD)


Ke$ha - Tic Toc 
Adam Lambert - Whataya Want From Me
Katy Perry - California Gurls 

Next up are a group that might not be so well known outside of the UK. The Midnight Beast are a great comedy band made up of Stefan Abingdon, Dru Wakely and Ashley Horne. They parody some songs, excellently I might add, but they also have great wit and musical talent in their own written comedy songs! With the usual outburst from Dru about his Dad who left and the general hilarity of their lyrics these videos are just so amusing to watch and damn catchy if I do say so myself. The humor might not travel well for those of you from the US, but it's a great example of British humor!!


The Midnight Beast - Lez Be Friends
Ke$ha Parody - Tic Toc
The Midnight Beast - Daddy
The Midnight Beast - XXXmas Buddies

We are really going international with the next group. According to one YouTube Channel, the Axis of Awesome are Australia's most awesomest comedy rock group. And to be honest I think they might be! Now, my knowledge of Australian comedy rock groups is hazy but I really do believe they are very funny. With most comedy rock groups they have written their own songs but they haven't strayed from the parodies of more well know songs! How else are people gonna get famous then by dissing other famous people! Enjoy!


Axis of Awesome (The Fray) - How to Save a Life (Mix)
Axis of Awesome - Titty Bar
Axis of Awesome - What Would Jesus Do?
Axis of Awesome - Song to Sing Along To

Back to the UK for this one with Weebl. This is company that produces short comedy flash videos with annoyingly catchy songs that are put on repeat. I swear, one listen and you won't be able to get it from your head. Another one that the American's might have a little trouble getting their heads around. The topics are very varied though, but there are some videos that one wouldn't get unless they were very aware of British culture. Very funny and very catchy. They even have a video that inspired a television commercial, and another song that might be more famous for a different video (but let's keep things clean yes?)


Weebl - Crabs
Weebl - Narwhals
Weebl - Scotch Egg

Now just a couple of musical talent's that I'm gonna mention.

Sons of Admirals - Here Comes My Baby
Chart Jackers - I've Got Nothing (read about this one! Such a cool concept)
Shane Dawson - Telephone (Lady Ga Ga)

Now finally a video that I just adore because of it's general creativity and comedic value. It's origins are spanish but the practically silent video get through to absolutely everyone so no need to feel left out! So I'll leave you be for tonight! Happy Blogging!

1 comment:

  1. You should also check out the key of awesomes parody of katy Perrys California Girls. Its quite funny,to me. These are great. My fav is still the Spanish one though.I love it.

    ReplyDelete