Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Thoughts on Starting Fresh....again...

For the second time this year I am packing my suitcases, buying a plane ticket and flying across the continent to start fresh in another country. Spending time in France has really made me grow up. I've learnt a lot about myself and about life. Things like €5 vodka from Aldi tastes like petrol and has something in it that makes me emotional and that French people really need to learn sarcasm.

"I've like 800 things to do today!"
"Really...? How 800?"



It was one of the best experiences of my life and while I was there I was able to achieve one of my goals; that of traveling to Japan. I had a really incredible time, met some new people and spent 6 months living and working like a normal 'adult'. Because I had such an amazing time, thinking back on all of the memories, I can't help but worry.

In two days I'm going to Germany. I'm looking forward to it, but I can't help but to find myself wondering if it is going to be as good. Can I top what I've already experienced? The means are different this time around. I'm sharing a flat. Will I miss the solitude and my own bathroom? Will I make more friends then I can remember? Will I hate being around people constantly and not being alone even to shower? I'm studying, not working. Will I understand everything? Will I be brave enough to speak out and ask questions even if there are people much better at the subject/language than I am? Will I like my choices? But one of my most important question is: Will I have enough money? Will I need to get a job, and if I do will I be able to find it?

Maybe I'm worrying over nothing and I should just be happy with not knowing what's going to happen. The next 5 months of my life are going to be spent meeting new people, trying to communicate, making confused faces, and a LOT of charades. Oh, I'll be in Germany, so lots of beer too! Too bad I don't like beer...

There is one thing that I'm dreading more than anything else! I'm lucky enough to be getting collected from the train station, but they want me to call a mobile number that they've given me! Is there anything more terrifying than ringing a phone number that belongs to a stranger and that's possibly in another language!! IT'S HORRIBLE!

Anyway, until next time...
Happy Blogging!

Let's see how it goes...
I can

No comments:

Post a Comment